Braut & Kraut
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 medium red sweet bell pepper
- 1 medium orange sweet bell pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 hungarian wax chile
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb bratwurst
- 2 lbs fresh sauerkraut
- Dice peppers and onion, slice brautwurst leaving skin, drain saurkraut. Melt butter in a heavy stock pot over medium heat. Add peppers, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper stirring often and cook until tender. Add bratwurst and cook until outside changes color. Add sauerkraut and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 30 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Remove cover and cook another 15 minutes to allow liquid to reduce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!