Braune Zucker Platzchen (Brown Sugar Cookies)
- Ready In:
4 dozen cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, milk and orange rind.
- Stir together baking powder, spices, salt and flour.
- Mix into sugar mixture.
- Stir in raisins and nuts, if desired.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. about 10 to 12 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool cookies on rack.
- Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!