photo by LifeIsGood
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons hot mustard
- 1 (1 1/4 lb) package bratwursts, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- metal skewers or wooden skewer
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes before placing on the grill.
- In a resealable plastic bag or bowl, combine soy sauce, apple juice and hot mustard.
- Add onions, yellow squash and peppers and refrigerate for one hour.
- Drain and reserve marinade.
- Thread bratwurst and vegetables alternately on skewers.
- Brush with reserved marinade.
- Grill over medium heat, turn and baste often, until vegetables are soft and bratwurst is cooked, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic!! But Nimz, I always have great luck with your recipes. I am not a fan of mustard at all so I cut it down to 2 tablespoons, but really, I wouldn't have picked the mustard flavor out without knowing it was there. Grilled up nicely and I have to say, it was one of the best ways to eat yellow squash I've tried yet. Made for ZWT6 for a Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens!
Great, and different, recipe for brats! The flavors really worked well together. I put everything in the marinade and then didn't even have to bother basting. Also, I like to thread my meat on separate skewers than the veggies. That way if the veggies get done faster, I can pull them off the grill. The marinaded brats and veggies worked beautifully together and were really tasty! ~Made for ZWT6 Zee Zesty Zany Cookz~ Danke!
These were really tasty! I really like the marinade; the sweetness of the juice paired really well with the spiciness of the mustard and the saltiness of the soy sauce. I threw the sausage in the marinade with the vegetables. It was so good that DBF, who absolutely hates cooked onions, ate the onions as well! I will definitely be making this again! Thanks Nimz!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.