Braised Tofu in Spicy Peanut Sauce
photo by hello
- Ready In:
- 600 g tofu, cut into 4 steaks
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 80 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten free optional)
- 7 g ginger, cut into thin strips
- 21 g lemongrass, stalks, finely chopped
- 50 g shallots
- 21 g jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chives, for garnish
- 250 ml water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sear tofu steaks over high heat for about 2 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté ginger, lemongrass, jalapenos, and shallots for about 2 minutes.
- Add water, coconut milk, soy sauce, and peanut butter. Bring to a boil.
- Add tofu steaks and simmer for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through the cooking.
- Serve with the braising sauce and garnish with chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!