Boston Cream Poke Cake
Cake, pudding, and chocolate. Who needs anything else?
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes intstant French vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) can chocolate frosting
- Make cake according to package instructions.
- Mix pudding mix with milk.
- Whisk until lumps are gone, about 2 minutes. Pudding should be pourable but not thin.
- While cake is still warm, poke holes in cake using a wooden spoon.
- Pour pudding over cake and gently press pudding into cake.
- Cool cake in the refrigerator.
- Remove foil from frosting.
- Microwave for 10-15 seconds and stir.
- Frosting should be pourable but not bubbly.
- Pour over cake and spread gently.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My Poke cake story A while back my sister in law and cousin both posted the recipe for a Boston Cream Poke cake on FB. Now I do not like to cook or bake, but for some reason this cau ht my attention and sounded ood. I need to tell you that the letter between F & H does not work on my keyboard, so when you see funny spelled words it's not my fault. I was invited out to dinner at my 89 year old aunts and said I would bring dessert. Now my Aunt wen is a little hard of hearin ,so when I told her I was oing to make a Poke cake for our dessert she proceeded to tell me all the ne atives about COKE, I told her it wasen't a coke cake , it was a poke cake and spelled it P-O-K-E so she said she mi ht try it. I went to the store and ot all the in redients and are ettin ready to start. first I couldn't find my mixer, the beaters were in the drawer but where the hell could the mixer have one, so I used a whisk which I had to wash first because it haden't been used since I can't remember when. OK, now the cake is bakin and when it comes out of the ovenit has to cool before I poke holes in it to pour the puddin in. The recipe said to use a wooden spoon handle. I didn't have anythin that was the size I needed because I had used my woodwn spoon to mix up dye for my daughter to tie dye a shirt. I fi ured my husband must have somethin I could use in the ara e and there was nothin that would workReply
Would have been nice to know that you HAVE to use a large item when punching holes into the cake otherwise the pudding does not and will not fill the holes properly.Ididn't know that and now I'm stuck with a cake that isn't properly made and I followed the directions just as stated,but the holes weren't big enough so now I have pudding everywhere that I have to manually scoop out.....1Replies 2
see 4 more