Borlotti Beans With Hot Italian Sausage
photo by Potagekempcc
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 3 cups borlotti beans (Cranberry beans)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 bay leaves (Split)
- 24 ounces hot Italian sausage links (6-4 oz. Links)
- 2 cups sweet onions (Chopped)
- 1 serrano pepper (Minced)
- 3 tablespoons garlic (Minced)
- 1⁄2 cup pinot noir wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (Chopped)
- 1 cup Italian parsley (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh savory (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 cups ham stock (Home Made)
- 2 cups green onions (Chopped with Green)
- Place Borlotti beans, garlic cloves and 1-bay leaf in a bowl. Cover with water and soak over night. Rinse under cold water before using.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- In a Dutch oven melt butter, add olive oil and bay leaves. Add Italian sausages and brown on all sides. Remove sausages and place on a sheet pan with parchment paper. Bake Italian Sausages for 20-minutes. Hold sausages for service.
- Add onions, Serrano pepper and sauté until tender. Add chopped garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add Pinot Noir Wine and reduce by half. Add Fresh Herbs, season with fine sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Add Ham Stock, Borlotti Beans and bring to a full boil. Cover the beans, reduce to a simmer for 1-hour or until Borlotti Beans are tender. Stir the pot several times to prevent beans from burning.
- Add the cooked Hot Italian Sausages and simmer for 15-minutes.
- Season the beans with fine sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Serve in warm soup bowls.
- Garnish the beans with Fresh Chopped Green Onions.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!