Bok Choy Salad
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
1 bowl salad
- 6 cups chopped fresh bok choy
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, cleaned and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced bamboo shoot
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple or 1/2 cup diced canned pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- Put bok choy, celery, green pepper, bamboo shoots, and pineapple in a salad bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over salad; toss.
- Serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved the combination of flavors in this. Reading the other reviews, I saw mention of bean shoots, but didn't see that in the ingredients. I think maybe they meant bean sprouts? I think that would have added a wonderful flavor to this salad, but I stuck with what was listed in the recipe. The bamboo shoots didn't add much flavor, but did add more crunch. The pineapple added some nice sweetness. I enjoyed making this for Football Tag! Thanks for sharing.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg"> src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">