photo by Mark and Stacy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon paula deen's house seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paula deen's seasoning salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- In 6 qt Dutch oven, cook ground beef on medium- high until no pink remains, stirring occasionally.
- Place beef back in Dutch oven and add onions.
- Stir well, and cook until onions are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, house seasoning, and season salt. Stir well. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in elbow macaroni and cover. Simmer on low for 25 minutes more, until macaroni is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove Dutch oven from heat. Fish out the bay leaves and dispose of them.
- Allow to rest off the heat for 30 minutes prior to serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2012. This is a really good one-pot meal. I didn't have Paula Deen's house seasoning so I used 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. (maybe a little bit more) of salt and pepper. I cut the recipe in half since theres only two of us for supper. I think it would also so be good with some chili powder added to it.
As with a lot of recipes nowadays, I cut this one in half (just the 2 of us) but otherwise followed the recipe on down, even to the using of Paula Deens's seasonings! Absolutely great goulash, this recipe makes, & I know I'll make it again, for sure! Very warming, very comforting! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]