Blueberry or Cherry Coffee Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
1 large coffeecake
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (or cherries)
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 additional egg white
- 1 cup sour cream (a little over one cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and flour one 8x12 pan, or use cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, egg white, sour cream and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- In another small bowl, combine topping ingredients until well mixed. Set aside.
- Spread 1/2 of dough in bottom of prepared baking pan. Top with blueberries or cherries. Spread rest of dough on top (you may need to use your hands for this, the dough is sticky and can be tricky to spread).
- Sprinkle topping over dough.
- Bake at 325°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very good coffeecake. This time I used frozen cherries and chopped walnuts. I did have a bit of trouble working with the dough but well worth the bit of trouble. Used almost 1 1/4 cup of sour cream and that worked well. Thank you Messy44, cant wait to try this with blueberries. Made and reviewed for PAC 2007.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Feeding the masses is the reason I use 'Zaar. Most of my cooking occurs simply to keep everyone fed (we have 6 kids plus two kids in law). I double almost every recipe to feed the crew. I love cooking with my kids - they are tremendously helpful and we have a very good time making a mess. :] <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>