Blueberry Oat Flaxseed Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup sour cream (5%)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, finely grated
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease or line 12 cup muffin pan. In a large bowl, combine oats, sour cream, sugar, oil, egg and rind.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour with flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir all but 2 tbsp of this mix into the oat mixture.
- Toss frozen blueberries with reserved 2 tbsp flour mixture. Fold blueberry flour mixture into batter until just mixed.
- Divide among muffin cups. Sprinkle each with additional oats. Bake in preheated oven 23 - 25 minutes or until golden and top springs back when lightly pressed. Cool on wire rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love these! I was searching for a blueberry muffin recipe that used flax to add some fiber. I would not have thought that just sour cream was enough liquid to keep these moist, but I'm glad I followed the recipe. I used fresh blueberries and subbed old fashioned rolled oats rather than quick, but kept all the amounts the same. Thanks for sharing. These are moist, with a good crumb, and not too sweet for our tastes. I'll make these again.