photo by under12parsecs
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast (1 pack)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar (divided)
- 1 cup warm milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup (or corn syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks (or another egg)
- 6 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and plain sugar in warm water. After 10 minutes, add 3/4 cup of the brown sugar, the milk, butter, syrup, and eggs/yolks. Stir well, add flour and salt.
- Form a rough ball and knead until smooth. Grease a bowl with oil, add the dough and let rise 1 hour.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead briefly. Roll out into a 10x16 rectangle, sprinkle with blueberries and remaining brown sugar. Roll tightly. Cut into 12 even slices, and squeeze into muffin pans (use two 6 hole pans so that they have room to expand.).
- Set aside to rise 15 minutes while your oven preheats to 350. Bake 35 minutes, till golden. Cool, dust with powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!