MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
After I tried this at Tex Wasabi's Restaurant last summer, I new that I had to replicate it. Great for cheese-steak egg rolls, chicken tenders, or anything else that's dip-able.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wasabi paste
- Place the milk in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and continue whisking until thickened.
- Season with salt, cayenne pepper, Wasabi paste and the cheese.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- If the sauce is too thick, thin it with a little extra milk.
- Pour mixture into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve sauce warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION