Blue Mountain Barbecue Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- In a medium nonreactive saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened - 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool before using as a marinade.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge for up to three months. (Yeah, right - like it'll last that long!).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A former journalist and wine consultant, I'm now on disability because I have MS. I am passionate about children's advocacy issues, Marc Chagall and international cuisine. My biggest pet peeve is people in the grocery checkout line who "forgot just one little thing" and leave the line, holding everybody else hostage until he or she finishes shopping. I enjoy helping my friends NCMystery Shopper, Mama's Kitchen and Chef V co-host the Beverages forum here on Zaar. Look forward to seeing everyone there!