Blue Corn Madelines
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter madeleine molds and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (cornmeal - salt).
- Stir in milk, egg and butter.
- Working in batching and cooling molds between batches, spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each prepared madeleine mold.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until madeleine is golden brown on the bottom.
- Turn out onto rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is an excellent corn bread recipe. The hint of sweetness is a welcome change from the 'too sweet' varieties. A nice, light texture with excellent taste. Now for the changes I made --- I couldn't find the blue cornmeal so I used yellow as ellie_ indicated could be used. I do not have a madeline mold and didn't want to buy one just to try this recipe. I ended up making muffins and they were great! So the versatility of the recipes makes it even more appealing. The baking time was about the same as indicated in the recipe. I think I'm done buying corn bread mixes .. this is too easy and too good not to use all the time.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>