Blue Cheese-Walnut Wafers
Great appetizer for parties.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 12mins
- 1 (4 ounce) package blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Position knife blade in food processor; add first 4 ingredients. Process until blended, stopping once to scrape down sides. (Mixture will be sticky.).
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; stir in walnuts. Cover and chill 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into an 8 inch log. Wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap; chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Slice dough into 1/4 inch slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The flavor is ok, however the blue cheese cannot be detected. It is not worth using good blue cheese to turn it into something where the blue cheese cannot be tasted. The texture of the wafers if find when it is done, so you could substitute another cheese and maybe add some red pepper flakes for pzazz.Reply