Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Belly
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 2 kg pork belly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 115 g white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 100 g blue cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Score the belly of pork well and rub with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on a board, fat-side down.
- Mix the onion, breadcrumbs, sage and cheese together, adding a little hot water to help it bind.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the pork and roll up to enclose the filling. Tie with kitchen string to secure the roll.
- Place in a roasting tin join side up and place in the centre of the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 170°C/Gas 3 and continue roasting for a further 1½ - 2 hours until the pork is meltingly soft. Remove the string and carve into thick slices to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img title=...and src=http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3818/dscf2137t.jpg alt=width=491 height=640 /></p> <p><span><span><strong>...and so the wench,the maid and the village idiot lived happily ever after.</strong></span></span></p> <p>I have always loved my food (not just my own but anyone's who offered it to me),,, then five years ago I was diagnosed with ceoliacs disease and all notion of ever having my favorite foods again went out the window. However, nessesity really is the mother of invention; instead of feeling sorry for myself and my dietry limitations,,,I got creative. I am in the process of starting my own business, which initially was exclusively targeted at ceoliacs, but thanks to my new husband and his diabetes, we hope to create food that is not only gluten free and sugar free or low carb, but will also cater for those amongst us with a whatever attitude to healthy food...Yes I do have one left at home,,bring on the empty nest.</p> <p><span><span><strong>The other man in my life</strong></span></span></p> <p><img title=The src=http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5314/file4226.jpg alt=width=320 height=213 /></p>