- Ready In:
- On a grill or dry pan put on the tomatoes, jalapenos, tomatillios and onions.
- Keep turning until all sides are blackened.
- Chop off the ends of the garlic, wrap in foil and bake in oven at 350 until soft or put on grill until soft.
- Remove tomatoes, jalapenos, onions and tomatillos when black and let cool.
- Remove garlic when soft.
- In a food processor combine tomatoes (make sure stems of tomatoes and jalapenos are removed) jalapenos, onions and tomatillos.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into the processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- add salt, chiplote peppers and cumin.
- Puree again.
- Serve cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I once worked at an Indian restaurent and loved it so much I set out to learn how to do it. I have been so far successful with the exception of mastering a lentil dish called "Dahl". I also love mexican food as well as spanish "tapas". Right now I am trying to perfect the Korean dish Kimchi. I run a 900 psychic line which I do from home so while I am on the phone, constantly, I can also cook. I have recently become a vegetarian but the rest of my family hasn't so my challenge is to cook to all of our tastes.