Black-Eyed Pea Chili
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed with juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, reduced fat
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook till softened. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add turkey and cook till done. Stir in the bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and chili powder and cook 1 minute.
- Add the peas, tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer, stirring a few times, for about 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cilantro leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!