Black Cat Cookies
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- candy corn
- red hot red cinnamon candies
- Blend butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, cocoa, and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add in baking powder, baking soda and flour. Blend until combined.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie ball with a glass.
- With your fingers pinch the top of each cookie to form into ears.
- Add whiskers by press the a fork into each side of the cookie “face.”
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and press in 2 candy corn eyes and a red hot cinnamon candy for a nose.
I first found this recipe on Allrecipes.com about ten years ago and try to make them every Halloween. Because the cookies were baked for very young children, we substituted red mini M&Ms for the Red Hots. The cookies themselves are delicious and chocolate-y rich tasting and the adults enjoyed them as well. Fun! Thanks for posting this version. Other versions online use only white sugar but we like this one better with the brown and white sugar.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love collect new recipes as well as eat them. I have a recipe collection that is almost taking up my pantry room. And I still keep adding more to zaar. I LOVE TO COOK! Which I just pickes up about 4 yrs ago, when I became a mommy. I used to think it was a chore and I hated even the thought of it. I wish I could Bake more...I cant BAKE AT ALL! I will have to practice on that one. I work overnights. I have been married for almost 4 yrs. We have 2 beautiful toddler boys together and will hopefully have more.