Black Beans Corn Tostada With Mango Salsa
photo by Kavita B.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups wine tomatoes, diced or 3 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup unripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mixed color bell pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup black beans
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup mozzarella cheddar blend cheese, grated
- 1 cup mango salsa
- Wash and clean tomato properly and buy bit hard skinned tomato for easy dicing.
- Diced tomatoes into small pieces.
- Peel mango and chop into small pieces as well.
- Chop onion, peppers (red, green, yellow which ever is available), garlic,jalapeno and cilantro.
- In medium bowl add tomatoes, peppers, garlic, onion, jalapeno and toss them well.
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Add ketchup and mix well.
- Serve with nachos, use in burritos, tacos or with your favorite side dish.
- Use freshly boiled black beans or use canned black beans.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree F. and keep rack in middle of the oven.
- In baking tray lay tostada and layered grated cheese then black beans.
- Add 1 tablespoon salsa over black beans then sprinkle good amount of cheese on top.
- Bake it for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve with Guacamole,salsa or even with chipotle dip .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!