- Ready In:
- 8 ounces white potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon instant minced garlic
- Peel potato.
- Cut potato into 1/2-inch cube pieces (I like to cut it into little triangles, but that's just me!).
- Grease frying pan with butter.
- Set stovetop to medium heat.
- Add minced garlic.
- Add potato bites.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook until potatoes are soft and garlic is slightly browned (Cooking times will vary, I usually cook 20-30 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a fairly good dish. I only cooked the potatoes for 20 minutes - they seemed done enough to me. But I agree with the prior reviewer - on medium heat, the garlic was pretty much blackened and burned well before the cooking time was up. Also, though I love garlic, 1 tablespoon seems like a lot for this dish - I might cut it down to 1 or 1.5 teaspoons. Oh, and I also made this with Yukon Gold (white-ish) potatoes. This dish needs a little tweaking, in my opinion.
Delicious!! I doubled this recipe to feed my family of 3! It was just the right amount. I also left on the peel of the potato. My picky DS gobbled these up with ketchup. The only thing I may change and that is a big maybe is when to add the garlic. My garlic burned but it maybe because I had my heat a little to high. So I will try these again and lower the heat. The potatoes had a very nice garlic taste to them. My whole family enjoyed this recipe!! I will be making these again and again. Thanks so posting a wonderful recipe!!