Bison / Buffalo Pot Roast
photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs bison round roast or 3 lbs buffalo roast
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced (I don't use this)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut in one inch cubes
- Set oven to 200°F Lay bison/buffalo pot roast on two large sheets of heavy foil. Sprinkle dry onion soup mix over roast. Lay vegetables around roast evenly and wrap roast tight in foil. You may want to add more foil to make it airtight. Put wrapped roast in glass baking dish and bake for about 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- This recipe can be made using any "cut" of Bison Roast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent roast (I used bison) and I'll use this method for cooking roasts in the future. The only thing that took this down a star was that the carrots and spuds were still 90% raw at the end of the cooking time. I removed the roast, resealed the package and gave the veggies another 45 mins @400f. They were still more firm than DH likes but they were ok for me. Next time (I have more bison in the freezer) I'll do the veggies separately but still use the slow cooking and onion soup mix with the meat. I skipped the pepper and onion as there was a lot of onion in the soup mix. The roast was very moist, tender and delicious. Thanks for posting this Nif! :D
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!