- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream shortening, sugar and anise seed in a bowl. Add eggs one at a time, mix well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, clove, cinammon, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and the orange or lemon juice alternately to the creamed mixture until stiff dough is formed.
- Knead dough slightly and drop 1 inch balls of dough into ungreased baking sheet. Bake cookies for approximately 20 - 25 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned. Let them cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll cookies in sugar mixute to coat each one.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!