Birthday Cake Caramels
photo by lanibakes
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces butter
- 60 ml heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 30 g corn syrup
- 100 g sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 120 g cake crumbs
- 40 g candy sprinkles (or substitute chopped nuts or dried fruit pieces)
- Combine butter and cream in a heat safe container.
- Combine water, corn syrup, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Stir gently to wet the sugar.
- Heat the sugar syrup until boiling, without stirring.
- Once boiling, cover the pot with a lid and let cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid. Using a candy thermometer, cook the sugar until it hits 315°F.
- Slowly whisk the cream and butter mixture into the caramel.
- Cook until the temperature hits 235°F The caramel will still be pale at this point.
- Add the cake crumbs and mix-ins. Stir.
- Pour into molds or loaf pan and refrigerate until cool.
- Slice into 1/2 inch squares when cool. Caramels can also be sliced larger or smaller, as desired. Caramels can be dipped in chocolate at this point if you'd like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!