Birds Nest Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- chopped walnuts or flaked coconut
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Sift flour and salt and stir until combined.
- Roll teaspoonful of dough into balls.
- Dip in slightly beaten egg white and roll in finely chopped nuts or flaked coconut.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and press thumb into center of each. You can also you the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Bakeat 350 deg. F. for 5 minutes, Indent again. Bake 8-10 minutes more.
- Cool then fill with candied cherries or assorted jams or jellies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a married mother of two. I have a wide variety of interests. I love wine, movies, music, dancing, going to the gym, shopping and reality TV. I have a great family and we love doing fun things together. I really adore cooking for my family and friends. It makes me happy to make others happy through their taste buds.