Bill Knapp's Honey-Ginger Chicken Marinade
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Before they closed their doors in 2002, Bill Knapp's Restaurants were a 54 year tradition in Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. Posted in response to a recipe request.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Mix together all marinade ingredients in a blender.
- Pour into plastic zip-top bag with chicken; seal and let chicken marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Let marinade drip off before cooking.
- Cook on grill, bake in oven or cook over medium-high heat in skillet on stove top. (Cooking time will vary on type of chicken parts and cooking method used.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Hello, former Knapp's line cook here, 97-99. Tasty recipe, pretty close in flavor as I remember. Just wanted to point out that the way we did it was to grill the chicken plain, And then immediatley marinate in the sauce(kept at around 160F in a steam bath) for anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. 2 hours is just right. Thought Id share, Peace!1Reply