Betha Thamathe - Tomatoes and Eggs
- Ready In:
- Dice the yellow onion half into tiny tiny bits on one plate, and dice the tomato into small pieces on another plate. (Yes this dish makes a bit of a mess if you want to substitute the tomato you can use a can of diced tomatoes instead you will use a proportional amount to the number of eggs you are making).
- Put olive oil in the pan, you will want to cover the bottom of the frying pan, this is going to saute the onion, tomatoes and eggs so make sure it coats the bottom. You can also use 3 table spoons of butter for this (no one said this recipe was healthy) .
- Put in the onions and saute them until they are soft, add Seven Spices (this is also called allspice), paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Usually you want to sprinkle it across the pan, but don't use too much allspice cause it has a strong flavor.
- After you have mixed the onions and seasonings together, mix in the tomatoes. Saute these for about a minute making sure to mash the tomato pieces. It makes more sauce that way and brings out the flavor).
- Add eggs and cover the frying pan.
- Cook until egg whites are cooked but egg yolks are still a bit runny and you are done!
- Uncover, put in a plate and eat with bread! Pita bread is usually best but sliced bread works too :)
- If you have any questions just send me a message :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! Most of the recipes I will be posting are kinda strange but I promise they are tasty! Typically they are not good for you so if you are looking for nutritious meals, don't look here. These tend towards kidpleasing and Boys who hate veggies pleasing as I am a Mom with a boyfriend who hates veggies. lol Also these recipes are all things I threw together or that my mom taught me. I can't cook a single thing outta a box but I can make yummy things outta an empty cupboard. Its my superhero talent. :P When you are broke long enough you learn to make food out of thin air. All of these recipes have been tested on my friends and got thumbs up from them. :) Hope you enjoy.