Best Gluten /Dairy/ Egg Free Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 bananas, very ripe, I used frozen then thawed with juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup rice milk, vanilla
- 3 tablespoons coffee, liquer or 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- spray bread pan with a cooking spray or coat with oil.
- combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a blender, blend the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, using an electrical mixer, alternate the wet and dry ingredients mixing thoroughly (The dough will be very thick).
- Scoop into bread pan, mini-loaf pan or muffin pan, and bake at 375 for 35-40 minute for a regular loaf, 25-30 for mini-loafs or 15-20 minute for muffins.
- Note: You can add 1 cup sweetened coconut, chocolate chips or nuts for added variety.
- Flour mixture: 1 cup Sweet Sorghum, 1 cup Brown Rice, 1/2 cup Coconut flour, 1/2 cup tapioca starch, 3 Tbs. Buckwheat flour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a stay at home mother of 4 children; 9, 6, 4 and 2. I have been married to my husband, who is a Sous Chef, for nearly 11 years. I love baking and trying out new recipes.