Best Ever Focaccia
photo by Demelza
- Ready In:
- 1hr 29mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- dried thyme
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- coarse salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Beat for 2 minutes, dough will form a ball.
- Place dough on a floured surface, dust top with flour (the dough will be very soft & sticky, the dusting of flour will help you handle it).
- Pat & stretch dough into 8" square.
- Place in parchment lined 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Brush with olive oil, sprinkle desired herbs on dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap & let rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 400° for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan & cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with oil & vinegar to dip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Chef #8832636. My memebership on this site goes back to the days of recipezaar, so I have seen a lot of changes on the site over the years. I still miss the forums, they had a wealth of information in them, and it was great to be able to connect with other chefs through them. I don't think zmail exists anymore either, so I don't think we have any way of contacting other chefs now. I haven't been on the site much in the last few years, mainly because of the changes. I do still pop in to look for specific recipes. I enjoy cooking, and am passionate about baking.