A perfect summer cocktail cooler from Taxco, Mexico. Though the recipe is for a single serving it easily doubles or triples. Why not invite some friends over and make a pitcher?
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 ounces lemon juice or 1 1/2 ounces lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 1 cup ice cube
- 12 ounces plain seltzer water
- To prepare a simple syrup combine equal amounts of sugar and water in a small saucepan. Heat until the sugar is fully dissolved and the liquid is clear. Cool and store in a clean container. You can use this for other recipes so make a batch.
- To prepare the drink, mix the syrup, tequila juice and ice cubes in a large glass and stir.
- Fill the glass to the edge with the seltzer water.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made these for a get together yesterday and they were very well liked. They are not strong at all and they are nice and refreshing. I had one made with lemon juice and another made with lime juice. I found the lime one to be much better. It tasted a lot like a fizzy margarita- always a good thing in my books. Thanks for the great recipe.Reply
see 7 more