Beer-Nut Broccoli Salad
Almost your traditional broccoli salad. It's a little different.
- Ready In:
- 1 large bunch broccoli
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 -2 cup raisins
- 10 ounces beer nuts
- 4 ounces sunflower seeds, shelled
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Mix broccoli, onions raisins, beer nuts and sunflower seeds in a salad bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise sugar and vinegar together.
- Toss salad with mayonnaise mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with bacon right before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was different and a nice change. I found we preferred it the next day when the broccoli was a bit limper and the flavors had blended more. Next time I will try omitting the sugar. The sugar coating on the nuts dissolves & does add a lot of sweetness as do the raisins. Thank you for sharing the recipe!Reply
see 1 more