I have been making these for so long, I cannot remember where this recipe came from. They are wonderful with soups and stews. I also like that it's not a bread you have to cut!
- Ready In:
- Blend all ingredients with a fork.
- DO NOT beat.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In 12 muffin cups put a dab of solid shortening.
- Place in oven for shortening to melt.
- When melted, remove muffin pan from oven and swirl the melted shortening in the cups.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls (about half full) into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
First, being new to this I am in HOG heaven. You didn't grow up in North Central Oklahoma back in the 1930's did you. My MOM made them the exact same way and my DAD said that " The reason God put biscuits and buns on this Earth was because they could Sop up more Gravy that way". You have my most sincere thanks for bringing these to the forfront. Cap'n JackReply
I made these yesterday for breakfast and they were good! I put Chicken Heart Gravy over them and it was sooo good. You wouldn't even know the beer was in them. When I was making the batter I beat the egg in a cup and added the beer to it and beat it again and then added that to the Bisquick. It was easier to mix that way.3Reply
see 2 more