Beer and Smokin’ Stampede BBQ Ribs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 (12 ounce) cans lager beer (light de-alcoholized is fine)
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 rack pork back ribs, cut in half (about 1-1/4 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup beer & chipotle barbecue sauce (If you can't get this sauce, try and get something that mimics the flavours mentioned in the descrip)
- In large saucepan, combine beer, onion and bay leaves. Cover. Bring to a boil. Add ribs to beer; reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-low heat.
- Drain ribs, discarding cooking liquid. Place hot ribs on large plate; immediately coat with some of BBQ sauce. Place ribs on greased grill. Close lid; cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning and brushing with more sauce every 5 minutes.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board. Cut between ribs. Serve with coleslaw, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!