Beef & Cabbage Alfredo
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- Cook and drain beef.
- Season with garlic, black pepper.
- Shred cabbage into long "noodle-like" strips.
- Cook in 4 quarts of boiling water.
- Add a dollop of cream to the water to make a milder cabbage flavor.
- Drain when tender.
- Mix all ingredients for Alfredo sauce in a small saucepan and heat until melted and thoroughly mixed together
- PS--the Alfredo Sauce is great over low carb pasta or spaghetti squash.
- Can be used as a side dish or main course.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Super! I didn't make this for any low-carb reason (I don't give a rat's behind about "low-carb"); I made it because I'm a cabbage enthusiast.;) Plus, it's quick and easy to make. I sauteed the cabbage with some sweet onion until tender instead of boiling it. I'm not a big fan of ground beef, so I only used about 1 1/2 lbs, and it was plenty! Just the right amount of sauce. I put a bit of white pepper in the sauce, too. Delicious! Thanx for sharing this. I will definitely make this again!
I discovered I had less Parmesan in the house than I thought, so the sauce ended up a bit less flavorful than I would have liked. However, everyone ate it, and I will definitely make this again. The hint of adding cream to the boiling water seems to have done the trick of causing my family to eat the cabbage.