Beef Braciola - Braciole
- Ready In:
- 12 slices top round beef, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 lb italian salami, minced
- 1⁄2 lb veal, ground
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup soft white breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 12 very thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (32 ounce) can plum tomatoes, sieved (about 2 lbs.)
- Flatten slices of beef as thinley as possible.
- Mix ground meats, cheese, butter, breadcrumbs soaked in milk and squeezed dry, parsley and egg.
- Taste mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on each slice of beef, spread with stuffing.
- Roll slices tightly and tie with string.
- Heat oil, butter together in large skillet.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots and bay leaf, saute a few minutes.
- Add beef rolls and brown well on all sides.
- Stir in wine and cook over moderate heat until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for an hour or until the beef is fork tender.
- The recipe does not say but I beleive it should be covered for this simmering.
- Remove beef to a warm platter.
- Strain pan liquid, return to skillet and cook for a few minutes until thickened to taste.
- Pour over beef rolls and serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!