Beef and Veggie Burrito Filling
- Ready In:
- Brown the ground beef on medium-high heat.
- Drain beef if needed.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and tomato (time saver: use a frozen chopped pepper and onion mix).
- Add salt, sugar, and spices. Stir well.
- Add water and allow to simmer for flavors to combine. Cook until water evaporates.
- Serve in tortilla wraps with your favorite toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks Ruthie! What a terrific recipe. This makes the best tasting burrito we have ever tasted. We are huge Latin food fans and frequent the Latin restaurants in our area. I used different peppers due to an allergy to Bell Peppers and I added Mexican Oregano because I have it in the herb garden. These MAY have tweaked the recipe a little but it is fantastic just the way it is. Well Done!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've always loved cooking and baking, starting as a kid making barbeque sauces, cookies, and pies. My husband is allergic to eggs, milk, and soy, which adds a whole new dimension to cooking. Forget Iron Chef's secret ingredient! I love the challenge of baking and cooking without certain staples. It means a lot of trial and error, but a lot of satisfaction when a recipe works out!