Beef and Cauli-Mash Cottage Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Similar to lasagne, cottage pie is a staple on the home-cooked meal roster. With potatoes now out of the picture you can make a quick adjustment and use cauliflower to make that delicious crusty topping #RealMealRevolution
- Ready In:
- 800 g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chipped
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 (400 g) can whole canned tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
FOR THE CAULI-MASH
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 eggs
- 100 g butter
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- preheat oven to 190c.
- fry mince in butter until brown. break it up. Use a cast iron pot you can bake if possible.
- remove meat from pan, add onions, broccoli and capsicum to same pan and fry until soft. add garlic and saute.
- Add rest of ingredients, return mince and mix well.
- Turn heat down to low and leave to simmer for 30mins. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- WHile sauce is cooking, make cauli mash. Steam Cauli until soft, drain off any excess moisture.
- Blend or use stick blender to puree cauliflower. While blender is still running add in eggs and butter. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- To assemble, fill pie dish (or your cast iron pan) with mince an smooth out. Add cauli mix and smooth again. Cover with cheese if you desire.
- Grill for 15mins or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION