Bean-Less Chili (Lo-Carb)
photo by Chef Dine
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large anaheim chilies, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1 (26 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups water
- Brown the meat in a large stock pot and drain.
- Add all other ingredients to the meat mixture and and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for an hour.
- Serve with shredded cheese, fresh avocado slices, sour cream or olives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married to a wonderful husband who is my best friend. I love being mom to two boys. Cooking is so therapeutic for me. I love to try new recipes, there is such a sense of satisfaction when it all comes out right and my family can enjoy the fruits of my labor of love - ha ha! I love to read cookbooks, talk about cooking, talk about spices, grow herbs you name it! I'm looking forward to sharing my favorites, organizing my cookbooks and trying new soon-to-be favorites! Diann J.