Bayou-Style Pot Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe came from the Potluck Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb cooked smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- .Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, sausage and hot pepper sauce. Cook uncovered over medium low heat 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine baking mix, thyme and black pepper. Stir in milk. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls in mounds over chicken mixture.
- Bake 14 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and cooked through and chicken mixture is bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION