Basmati Asparagus Rice
Easy way to combine your veggies with your sides...
- Ready In:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- Rince rice under running water until water runs clear.
- Bring chicken stock, salt, water and garlic clove to boil in a large saucepan.
- Add rice and return to boil, stirring lightly.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 18-20 minutes until rice is cooked and liquid adsorbed.
- Clean and slice on a bias the asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Remove sauce pan from heat, immediately add asparagus and orange zest.
- Cover and allow asparagus to steam while rice cools about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION