Basic Mexican Rice
I got this from a friend. It is only 3 WW points.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup long grain rice (not instant)
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 medium finely chopped white onion
- 3 medium finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute the rice over medium high heat until golden brown.
- Stir in the garlic and the onions and saute until onion is golden yellow.
- Stir in the tomatoes, broth and season with salt.
- Bring to a boil uncovered, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Do not take lid off to peak in!
- Remove lid, toss with a fork to fluff and allow to sit for 5 minutes uncovered before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this already! I've made this dish several times and we love it!! The only changes I make are cutting the broth to 1 cup and use 1 cup of tomato sauce instead. I also add a bit of adobo (about a tsp) and a pinch of chili powder. Thanks for this recipe, it's fantastic!