Barefoot Contessa's Plum Tart
- Ready In:
1 9 1/2 inch tart
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, walnuts, and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and the egg yolk.
- Mix, either by hand or with an electric mixer, until crumbly.
- Press 1 1/2 cups of the crumb mixture in an even layer into the bottom of a 9 1/2-inch springform or tart pan.
- Arrange the plums in the pan, skin side down, to form a flower pattern; begin at the outside and work your way inches
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture evenly over the plums.
- Bake the tart for 40 to 50 minutes, or until it's lightly browned and the plum juices are bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and transfer the tart to a flat plate.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- **Cooling time is not included in cooking time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>