Barefoot Contessa Brownie Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 extra large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon framboise liqueur (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and sugar together on medium speed until very light yellow and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Sift cocoa powder and flour together, and add to sugar and egg mixture on low speed just until mixed.
- Slowly pour in melted butter and mix again just until combined.
- Grease a 9x12x2 baking dish (I used an 8x11), and spread mixture into the pan.
- Place dish into a larger baking pan.
- Add enough very hot tap water to larger pan to come halfway up the side of the smaller pan.
- Bake for exactly 1 hour.
- A cake tester inserted 2 inches from the side will come out 3/4 clean.
- The center will appear very underbaked, IT SHOULD. The texture of this is between a brownie and pudding.
- Cool, serve slightly warm or room temperature, with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!