Banh Mi Sliders
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 30mins
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1 serrano chili (split)
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 12 ounces light beer (to cover 3/4 way up the sides)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
FOR QUICK PICKLES
- 2 carrots (julienned)
- 1 bunch radish (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
FOR CHILE MAYO
- 1 tablespoon sriracha asian garlic sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 16 buns, soft slider
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch mint leaf
- 1 English cucumber (sliced thinly)
- 2 scallions, sliced on the bias 1/4-inch thick
- Season the brisket with salt, pepper and add to the pan. Sear on both sides until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Add to the slow cooker and add remaining brisket ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- For the pickles: Heat vinegar and sugar together until sugar is dissolved and pour over radishes and carrots. Set aside to cool.
- For the mayo: Combine the mayonnaise and Sriracha and set aside.
- To assemble sliders: Spread mayonnaise (made above) on half of the bun and top with shredded brisket. Add two slices of cucumber, 2 tablespoons of the pickled vegetable, cilantro, mint and scallions to taste. Top with remaining half of bun.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!