Baltic Stuffed Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 3 large baking potatoes, washed and dried
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 ounce butter
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 7 ounces wild mushrooms, wiped and dried
- 3 1⁄2 fluid ounces sour cream
- 3 teaspoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pierce the potatoes and bake them for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until cooked.
- Remove from the oven.
- When cool enough to handle, halve them and coop the potato flesh out into a bowl, leaving 3/4 inch shells.
- Season the shells with salt and pepper and keep to one side.
- In a small saute pan, melt the butter and fry the shallots, garlic and mushrooms until slightly colored, about 10 minutes.
- Mash the potato pulp well, adding the sauteed mushrooms, sour cream and tarragon.
- Season to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Stuff the mixture back into the potato shells, piling it high.
- Bake in the same hot oven until the potatoes are golden in color, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!