photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 3 curry leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or cayenne pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed nigella seeds, mustard and fenugreek seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, shredded
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 new potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- 1 fresh red chili, sliced
- 1 fresh green chile, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, leaf shredded
- Heat the oil in a wok over a medium flame. Add the cumin seeds, curry leaves, chili powder, mixed seeds, fennel seeds, garlic and ginger.
- Stir fry for 1 minute then add the onions and stir fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the potatoes, salt and chilies and mix well.
- Cover the pan tightly and cook over a low heat for 7 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander leaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!