Ballet Party Rice
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rice
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 jalapenos
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Cook and crumble the bacon. Mince the jalapenos. Slice the Monterey Jack cheese into thin slices.
- Layer 1/2 of the rice in the bottom of a greased 8x8 casserole dish. Dot with butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 of the jalapenos, 1/2 of the bacon, and 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fabulous! This will go into my Favorites for 2009! I absolutely loved this combination, and I am not a rice lover. Don't leave out the jalepenos! I think they are what make the recipe. I will have to make this again without them to satisfy other's in the house, but for me this recipe is absolutely perfect as is! Made for 2008 Favorites Cookbook Tag!
This recipe made it into our Book #231450. 8/9/08 - Yes, real bacon and lots of it! Think of this as a loaded baked potato, just with rice. I made 2 individual servings just rough estimating the amounts into 1-cup sized ramekins. I used all cheddar as that was all we had and omitted the jalapenos for personal preference. After they baked and cooled, I removed them from the ramekins and placed them onto serving plates for presentation. The sour cream adds a wonderful creaminess to the rice. Next time I will try it with some american cheese and cream cheese. This was fun to make and alot like layering a lasagne. It has many wonderful flavors and Buddha already wants me to make this again. Thanks for posting. :)
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY