Bakinbaby's Zucchini Summer Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini (sliced-about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (crushed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ears corn (shaved-or 1 cup frozen or canned corn)
- parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
- Saute' ground beef,chopped red pepper ( omit if using mexicorn),onion and garlic in medium skillet, until meat is well browned.
- Add zucchini, salt,cumin & pepper, cook over medium heat 8 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, crushed red pepper and corn or (canned mexicorn), bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is beginning to soften.
- If mixture is too thick, add a little water (about 1/2 cup. or chicken broth).
- Top each serving with parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese. We like parmesan.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Delicious! I can actually have this great homestyle meal on my diet using ground sirloin, and I have missed so much having a dish like this. I wanted to, but didn't add any cheese, and realized that this is fabulous without it! I halved the recipe, but I did go ahead and add the 8 oz of tomato sauce because after adding half.....it just cried out for it!! (used no salt added tomato sauce). Just loved this....thanks Bakinbaby!
Made this almost as given, but did use slightly less cumin than called for! I also used fresh corn kernels from right off the cob, & the garlic cloves used were LARGE! The final touch was a sharp cheddar for me & the ol' parmesan for my other half! Will definitely keep hold of this recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]