Baked Sweet Potato With Maple-Jalapeno Sour Cream
- Ready In:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 -4 drops Tabasco sauce or 3 -4 drops frank's hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 450 and postiton rack in the center.
- Scrub and dry sweet potatoes.
- Rub potatoes with oil and salt.
- Bake directly on rack for 40 to 45 minutes or until soft.
- Combine Sour cream or yogurt with the maple syrup, jalapeno, lime juice and hot sauce. Chill unitl ready to serve.
- Serve potatoes with a big dollop of the maple jalapeno sour cream mixture topped with crumbled bacon and green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
4 and 1/2 stars for me. I was excited to make this because I love sweet potatoes. The maple syrup was a little strong for me; I will reduce it to 1/2 tablespoon. However, hubby brought home pickled jalopenos instead of fresh so maybe you will need 1 tablespoon. Next time I will start out with the half and adjust after this. Made for PAC 2011