Baked Potato Frittata
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In bowl, combine potatoes, 1 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to baking sheet; bake, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes.
- In large, deep, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels, DIscard fat in skillet. Crumble 2 tablespoons of cooked bacon and reserve for garnish.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper, 1 cup cheese and 1/4 cup chives. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in same skillet over medium high heat. Add potatoes and diced bacon to pan; pour in egg mixture. Cook, using spatula to lift cooked edges and allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 2 minutes, then cook 4-6 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover skillet and cook until eggs are set, about 6 minutes. Uncover pan, sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in pre-heated oven 4-5 minutes. Slide onto seving plate or cut in wedges and serve from skillet. Garnish with reserved bacon and chives. Serve with sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!